It was only December 09 when Google Chrome Extensions officially launched for its Chrome browser. Today, Chromium blog says that number is now past 3,000. And that is important because it is already pretty close to the well known browser for its add-one, Firefox.
The exact number of add-ons for Firefox is a greater than 11.5K. On its add-ons page, Mozilla notes that there have been more than 1.8 billion downloads. These numbers would blow away Chrome, obviously. But rate of growth in extension is very high compared to Firefox add-ons, if this continuous in long run Chrome will shy rocket is extension to unbeatable location.
Lets see what Firefox is going to do...
The Google Chrome SEO Extension provides easy access to Search Engine Optimization Tools that can help you with Competitive Analysis, Keyword Research, Backlink Checks, PageRank Checks and other daily SEO tasks.
● Displays traffic graphs
● Detects Robots.txt and Sitemap.xml
Currently in the Google Chrome SEO Tools you'll find:
● Keyword Research Tool (Alpha Version)
● Highlight NoFollow links
● The number of Pages Indexed
● The number of Backlinks
● Current Traffic and Rankings
● Social Bookmark counts
● Cached Versions of the page
● Domain Details like DNS, IP, Whois, Server Location
Current sources inlcude :
Archive.org, Alexa Rank, Compete Rank, CoralCDN, Ask, Baidu, Bing, Delicious, Digg, Dmoz, Google PageRank, MajesticSEO, Open Site Explorer, Quantcast, SEMRush, SEOmoz, Linkscape, StumbleUpon, Technorati, WebCite, Yandex Quotation Index, Yahoo.
● Integration with Google SERPs. Similar to SeoQuake or the SEOBook Firefox extension.
● The ability to compare site ranking stats, side by side.
● Keyword Ranking Checker to check search rankings.
● On page Keyword Analysis
● Integrate the Keyword Tool with the Google Adwords Keyword Tool to make keyword research faster.
● PPC Integration (Adwords, Adsense, Microsoft Adcenter, Yahoo Search Marketing)
● Support for Wolfram | Alpha
● Better descriptions so any Web Designer / Developer can work with the tool.
● Google Analytics Integration
● Google Chrome SEO Toolbar
● Allow Google Chrome SEO Add Ons so developers can contribute plugins.
Download it now