Make your folders invicible...:)
1)Right Click on the desktop.Make a new folder
2)Now rename the folder with a space(U have to hold ALT key and type 0160).
3)Now u have a folder with out a name.
4)Right click on the folder>properties>customize. Click on change icon.
5)Scroll a bit, u should find some empty spaces, Click on any one of them.
Easily Disable Messenger
Go into: C:/Program Files/Messenger. Rename the Messenger folder to "MessengerOFF".
· Go to Start/Run, and type: "rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection BLC.Remove 128
Turn Off Autoplay for Program CDs
How can you stop Windows XP from launching program CDs?
· Click Start, click Run, type GPEDIT.MSC to open Group Policy in the Microsoft
· Double-click Computer Configuration, double-click Administrative templates,
double-click System, and then click Turn off autoplay.
· The instructions on your screen describe how to configure this setting. Click
Properties to display the setting dialog.
· Click Enabled, and choose CD-ROM drives, then click OK, to stop CD autoplay.
This setting does not prevent Autoplay for music CDs.
Change Drive Letters in Windows XP
When you add drives to your computer, such as an extra hard drive, a CD drive, or a
storage device that corresponds to a drive, Windows automatically assigns letters to the
drives. However, this assignment might not suit your system; for example, you might have
mapped a network drive to the same letter that Windows assigns to a new drive. When you
want to change drive letters, follow these steps:
· Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
· Under Computer Management, click Disk Management. In the right pane, you'll see
your drives listed. CD-ROM drives are listed at the bottom of the pane.
· Right-click the drive or device you want to change, and then click Change Drive
Letter and Paths.
· Click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the drive letter you
want to assign, and then click OK.
Do Not Highlight Newly Installed Programs
Tired of that annoying little window that pops up to tell you that new software is
installed? If it gets in the way when you're logging off, turn it off completely. To do
· Click Start, right-click at the top of the Start menu where your name is displayed,
and then click Properties.
· In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box, on the Start Menu tab, click
· Click the Advanced tab, and then clear the Highlight newly installed programs check
· Click OK, and then click OK again
Change the Default Opening Folder in Windows Explorer
By default, Windows Explorer opens showing the My Documents folder. To change the
default setting so that all top-level drives and folders are shown, follow these steps:
· Click Start > Programs > Accessories, then right-click Windows Explorer, and click
· Under Target field, which reads %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe, add to make the line
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, /select, C:\
Close Multiple Windows
If you just opened a number of separate, related windows (a folder inside a folder,
and so on), there's an easier way to close them all than one-at-a-time:
· Hold down the shift-key as you click the X caption button in the upper-right corner
of the last window opened. Doing so closes that window and all windows that came before it
change fat -> ntfs
To change ur File system from command prompt
type: convert c:/fs:ntfs(ex:'c' is the drive letter)
Make your folders invicible...:)